As well as exploiting animals, the animal industries also negatively impact upon humans, including the workers and their communities and people in less developed countries.
“Global warming could create 150 million climate refugees by 2050” – Institute for Environmental Management and Assessment 2015
The full impacts of this violent and damaging industry are widespread:
- Higher rates of domestic violence and violent crimes by slaughterhouse workers
- Physical, mental health and safety risks to slaughterhouse and farm workers
- Exploitation of poorer countries to raise animals for wealthier countries
- Feeding crops to animals instead of using them to end world hunger
- Destruction of the environment and creation of climate refugees